Google Boycott on Animmex

Animmex Staff Announcements
OniTube
Site Admin

Google Boycott on Animmex

Post by OniTube » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Greetings, everyone.

This is a short announcement and request to the Animmex community.

Google has declared war on Animmex. Eighty percent of our links are regularly removed, which means a huge loss in traffic for us. It also means that new people aren't finding our website, and that's a problem.

With this significant drop in traffic comes an even greater issue: income. We depend on a minimum level of traffic and Prime subscriptions to pay for the servers hosting all of the videos you watch. And right now we just don't have the resources to fight Google's automated bots.

So how do we take care of this problem? Well, there are three ways you can help.

The first is by accessing Animmex directly by opening the site and searching through the search tool (yes, that little magnifying glass up there). We'll even make a little guide on how to make the most of your searches so you don't have to sacrifice any part of your experience.

Then you can help us spread the word about Animmex on Facebook and Reddit . If you're part of any social media networks and like what you see on Animmex, share links to your favourite shows with friends and strangers alike. If you're embarrassed about the ads--yeah, we hate them too--get your friends to email us at [email protected] with their username and information and we'll give them a 1-WEEK FREE TRIAL :mrgreen: of our Prime Website . After that they can decide whether to use the regular site or make the upgrade to an ad-free, worry-free experience.

Lastly and most importantly, we need forum staff to assist us with advertising Animmex on social media in a regular and regimented manner. We would also like help keeping the forums tidy and clean. If you have a few minutes a day to spare, email us at [email protected] and help a great website thrive.

If you have any other suggestions or questions, leave a comment below. We will get back to you promptly.

*PS Without the help we need we have no choice but to resort to unpleasant methods: more ads, turning videos off, etc. We disabled video streaming on Animmex Regular for the time being to get your attention.

Those with Prime accounts will experience uninterrupted streaming. You're part of the solution and we don't see any reason for you to endure downtime.
Goals so far:
- 10 New Staff Members - (5 Offered, waiting for responses) - 0 made official so far
- Raise some donations, more prime members so people stop using Animmex Regular
Updated: 23rd of April 2017 - 08:10PM London Time

OniTube
Site Admin

Re: Google Boycott on Animmex

Post by OniTube » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Update 27 of April 2017
==============
Well everyone we've tried and tried but it seems no one here really cares, it's almost like we're here talking to ourselves and it seems no one cares about the community but us, well in this case we won't be easy on the regular version, if you don't care neither will we just added another type of ad, a video pre-roll which WILL stay in place from now on.

And if we feel like you don't get enough pops we'll add some more, this is what you get for not caring, we therefore will focus on the prime experience for the very few who care.

We got a few replies but after we replied no one replied back, and no one seemed to actually have an interest in our community, we will be introducing a 3 month for €5 option for Prime and that will be your best option for trying it out besides the 1 week trial.

Honestly I personally can't believe the level of human apathy shown here, you have no idea what the few who are giving their lives for this website are going through, we're on our own and you refuse to lend a hand or donate, now sure i'm not saying absolutely no one cares but from hundreds of thousands of you we have literally only a few Prime users and no one really gives a damn unless we force you to read this you won't bother, unless we shove ads down your throats we can't pay for the website, you literally shown us that perhaps this community doesn't deserve everything we have to give and perhaps we really should close everything down for Prime users only so you get a taste of what's like not having a website like Animmex around for when you need the most.

I'm deeply disappointed in most of you.

chase4223

Post by chase4223 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi

How do we sign up to Prime website? not accepting registrations?

Thanks
Justin

OniTube
Site Admin

Post by OniTube » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:31 pm

Hey, well finally someone replied to this thread =D

You just need an Animmex Regular account and make a donation as explained here.

As of now the €5 option is also valid (3 months) we'll update the thread asap with the new information.

Rick_and_Morty

Post by Rick_and_Morty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 pm

You guys are awesome :D you really touched me with your words signed up for Prime all the best!

StevenMcFlyJr

Post by StevenMcFlyJr » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 am

So wait ... I donate the equivalent of 5 British pounds (into USD of course) & the ads go away & make me Prime for 90-93 days?

acoleman22

Post by acoleman22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:44 am

Just wanted to thank you - Animmex is my number one site for video, I tend to come and go quickly and avoid all else but today I noticed the announcement at the top (I couldnt miss it honestly) I signed up for Prime - just wanted to say I appreciate the work that the Animmex team puts in.

OniTube
Site Admin

Post by OniTube » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm

Thanks everyone and to all the above i see you're all now Prime users so thanks, starting to have some hope for this community again and to make it clear to everyone it's €5 (Five Euros) or more for 3 months and yes the ads ALL OF THEM go away, PayPal will convert to your local currency whenever necessary. Why someone would risk getting malware from these ad networks to save 5 euros is beyond me really.. But I guess whenever there's something good there will be haters and trolls otherwise this wouldn't be the real world. For more information on Ad networks see this thread.

30daysofnight

Post by 30daysofnight » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:54 am

a video pre-roll and also i would put in video ads that are mandatory during the show such as CBS does is during the survivor show there is commercial breaks that are forced and take up about 20-25 min of viewing.
free is nice but the amount of time that Prime saves me is more time that i can actually watch shows instead of commercials and if you factor in that you can stop paying for sat tv and just use animmex prime for a mear 50 euros then prime lifetime is a huge barging, i was paying about $65 a month for sat tv but no need since animmex has most of what i like/need.
seriously just do the math....
;)

Hood49

Post by Hood49 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi, the day after I first read about google boycotting Animmex, I set about joining prime. But for some reason I'm not getting any confirmation emails from you? Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

It's ok, whatever happened or didn't happen, I've now donated via paypal :)
Last edited by Hood49 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.